Are you interested in dental health? Is patient care and advice important to you? Are you a team player? Then we are looking forward to your application!
In the course of a three-year apprenticeship, apprentices acquire general knowledge and skills as dental assistants. For the varied job of a dental assistant, knowledge of organisation and administration is also necessary, which will be imparted during training. Apprentices who have already started an apprenticeship as clerks or as dental technicians can switch to dental assistance after their first year. They will receive full credit for that first year.
The following tasks are part of the job profile of a dental assistant:
- care for patients before, during and after dental treatment
- explaining dental hygiene and prophylactic measures
- assisting in conservational, surgical, prosthodontic, periodontal and jaw surgery treatments
- making X-Rays
- settling the bills for dental services rendered with patients, private insurance and social security
- applying hygiene measures
- organising the daily routine of the practice and scheduling
- executing administrative tasks, such as patient administration, correspondence and payment transactions