incl. hands-on in pre-clinic as well as various live surgeries and dissection courses
- Update of knowledge in the anatomy, histology and molecular biology structure of bone and periodontium / cell biology / application of regenerative material in periodontology and implantology: biocompatibility, tissue engineering and osseointegration / oral soft and hard tissue disease and pathology / pharmacology / dental radiology / photo documentation / forensic / emergency medicine
- General Periodontology: diagnostics and conservative periodontal therapy
- Periodontal regenerative surgery and surgical resection
- Soft tissue management / treatment of gingival hyperplasia and gingival recession
- Basics in Implantology I / overview implantology systems / osseointegration / socket-preservation
- Implantology II / diagnostics / computer aided implantology surgery / sinus lift / guided bone regeneration and augmentation
- Implantology III / complex augmentation and reconstruction / bone harvesting and reconstruction / bone augmentation of the severely atrophic jaw / maxillofacial surgical techniques / medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw "MRONJ" / clinical application of growth factors and tissue regeneration protocols / augmentation of the alveolar ridge following dentofacial trauma / rehabilitation of oral cancer patients with dental implants
- Implant Prosthodontics / functional and dysfunctional occlusion / diagnostic system: condygraphic examination and analysis / application in reconstruction of functional occlusion / MRT diagnostics / application in splint therapy and increase of bite vertical dimension / functional reconstruction of periodontally comprised patients / prosthodontic reconstruction for tumor and aplasia patient / digital dentistry
- Update: Literature research / case presentations / clinical documentation / Master's Thesis and Final Exam
Dates of the running course 2019-2021
Last Update: December 7, 2020
|Module 1||Principles: Update of orofacial anatomy, histology, |
and molecular biology
|11.02. - 17.02.2019|
|Module 2||Conservative treatment of periodontitis||08.07. - 14.07.2019 (new!)|
|Module 3||Periodontal surgery I: Resective and regenerative procedures||02.09. - 08.09.2019|
|Module 4||Periodontal surgery II: Soft tissue management||17.02. - 23.02.2020|
|Module 5||Implantology I: Principles, anatomy and histology, Guided Bone Regeneration, Socket Preservation||virtual lectures theoretical part|
|Module 6||Implantology II: Immediate implantations, |
sinus floor elevations, bone augmentations
|virtual lectures theoretical part|
|Module 7||Implantology III: Complex bone augmentations |
and bone reconstructions, preprosthetic
|virtual lectures theoretical part|
|Module 8||Implant prosthetics and digital dentistry||virtual lectures theoretical part|
|Module 5, 6, 7 & 8||Hands-on in Vienna||27.09. - 10.10.2021 (new!)|
UPDATE May 7, 2021: The Course Management has decided to start with virtual lectures (theoretical parts).
|June 18, 2021||Kick-off & Introduction|
|June 19, 2021||How to write a Scientific Paper|
|July 24, 2021||How to make a case report & How to plan a Master's Study|
|Module 1||Principles: Update of orofacial anatomy, histology,|
and molecular biology
|Module 2||Conservative treatment of periodontitis||tba|
|Module 3||Periodontal surgery I: Resective and regenerative procedures||tba|
|Module 4||Periodontal surgery II: Soft tissue management||tba|
|Module 5||Implantology I: Principles, anatomy and histology, Guided Bone Regeneration, Socket Preservation||tba|
|Module 6||Implantology II: Immediate implantations, computer-guided implantations, sinus floor elevations, bone augmentations||tba|
|Module 7||Implantology III: Complex bone augmentations and bone reconstructions, preprosthetic surgery||tba|
|Module 8||Implant prosthetics and digital dentistry||tba|
Requirements for Graduation
- Case Report
- Written and Oral Exam
- Master's Thesis: study design, thesis proposal, final defense
Only the German version, „26. Curriculum für den Universitätslehrgang Periodontology und Implantology“, published in the Bulletin of the Medical University of Vienna for the academic year 2017/2018, vol. 22, no. 26, dated 9 April 2018, is legally binding.
Could I submit English certificate other than CEFR such as TOEFL or IELTS and equal band score of them to C1?
We do not need a certain certificate of your English language skills, but you should have a high level in order to follow the lectures as well as to be able to read literature in English.
See also Curriculum §5 c)
Knowledge of English is required (equivalent to Level B2/C1 of GER/CEFR or language examination and decision to be taken by the course director) that will permit the reading of scientific literature and the understanding of subject-specific lectures; also computer knowledge that allows trouble-free use of a teaching and learning platform as well as the use of literature databases;
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Can I treat patients during the Master Course?
NO. Patient treatment has to be performed in the home country.
See also Curriculum §5 b)
Registration to practice the profession of dentist at the location of patient treatment because the course participants must treat patients outside the University Clinic of Dentistry Vienna in the facilities of their own dental occupation in accordance with the criteria learned in the curriculum in order to be able to handle the patient cases required for successful completion of the university course.
Can I work as a dentist in Austria after the Master Course?
NO. The International Master's Programs in Dentistry are not eligible for a working permit in Austria. For this purpose your dentistry degree has to be recognised by the Medical University of Vienna: www.meduniwien.ac.at/web/en/studies-further-education/nostrification/
Do you offer scholarships or discounts for international students?
NO. The tuition fee for postgraduate education at the Medical University of Vienna is equal to all students (no matter of origin) and is not waived to any student.