- Anatomy, physiology and pathology of the dental pulp / microbiology / radiology diagnostics and prognosis / anesthesia / scientific working
- Forensic / photo documentation / laser safety / literature research / statistical principles / study planning / how to write a Master's Thesis
- Relevant pharmacology for endodontics / instrument knowledge / access to root canal system / manual and mechanical instrumentation / irrigation
- Use of laser in endodontics / disinfection by laser / material knowledge / obturation
- Documentation / quality management / revision / removal of fractured instruments / postendodontic restoration
- Endodontics in deciduous teeth / traumatology / endodontic surgery / endodontics and implantology / regenerative treatment / endodontics and periodontics
- Case reports: complete root canal treatment / endodontic tooth discoloration/bleaching
- Theoretical and practical examination / Master's Thesis defense
Due to the current Covid-19 situation the exact start of the Master Course is uncertain.
Requirements for Graduation
- Case Reports
- Written and Oral Exam
- Master's Thesis
Only the German version, „24. Curriculum für den Universitätslehrgang Endodontology“, published in the Bulletin of the Medical University of Vienna for the academic year 2017/2018, vol. 20, no. 24, dated 9 April 2018, is legally binding.
Could I submit English certificate other than CEFR such as TOEFL or IELTS and equal band score of them to C1?
We do not need a certain certificate of your English language skills, but you should have a high level in order to follow the lectures as well as to be able to read literature in English.
See also Curriculum §5 c)
Knowledge of English is required (equivalent to Level B2/C1 of GER/CEFR or language examination and decision to be taken by the course director) that will permit the reading of scientific literature and the understanding of subject-specific lectures; also computer knowledge that allows trouble-free use of a teaching and learning platform as well as the use of literature databases;
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Can I treat patients during the Master Course?
NO. Patient treatment has to be performed in the home country.
See also Curriculum §5 b)
Registration to practice the profession of dentist at the location of patient treatment because the course participants must treat patients outside the University Clinic of Dentistry Vienna in the facilities of their own dental occupation in accordance with the criteria learned in the curriculum in order to be able to handle the patient cases required for successful completion of the university course.
Can I work as a dentist in Austria after the Master Course?
NO. The International Master's Programs in Dentistry are not eligible for a working permit in Austria. For this purpose your dentistry degree has to be recognised by the Medical University of Vienna: https://www.meduniwien.ac.at/web/en/studies-further-education/nostrification/
Do you offer scholarships or discounts for international students?
NO. The tuition fee for postgraduate education at the Medical University of Vienna is equal to all students (no matter of origin) and is not waived to any student.