In the PhD Programme N094 at the Medical University of Vienna, junior researchers can further develop their competence in producing independent scientific work. The programme puts special emphasis on the interdisciplinarity of the dissertation topic.
In interdisciplinary thematic programmes, university staff from individual organisational divisions or departments offer a high-quality training programme in their various fields. During the programme, the candidates produce a dissertation and complete accompanying courses. The courses and the dissertation are assigned to the thematic programmes.
The topic of the dissertation must be aligned with one of the available thematic programmes. Courses offered by another thematic programme can also be taken if they fit into the scientific context of the dissertation project.
We recommend that you contact the programme coordinator of the thematic programme that is of interest to you, before starting the admissions process to the PhD programme, in order to receive more detailed information on the thematic programme.
- degree in medicine or dentistry or
- Master’s degree in a scientific or technical field or a field relevant to the topic or
- degree in “Medical Informatics” or
- equivalent degree at an internationally recognised Austrian or foreign post-secondary academic institution
- excellent English skills, oral and written
- Zustimmung eines Supervisors, der in einem der Themenprogramme gelistet ist
- Ein Dissertationsthema, das vom Supervisor beigesteuert ist