incl. hands-on in pre-clinic as well as various live surgeries and dissection courses
- The Face – Oral Esthetics out of different cultural perspectives / photo documentation / esthetic restoration with composites / material science & clinical treatment technology / dental radiology / emergency medicine
- Esthetic restoration with ceramic / inlay-crown-bridge-veneer / CAD/CAM technology (total digital work flow) / scientific working
- Laser in esthetic dentistry / laser physics and safety requirements / laser in cavity preparation / laser tissue interaction: soft and hard tissue / laser in endodontics
- Different bleaching methods / etiology of enamel color changes / photo-bleaching / laser bleaching methods / etiology of hypersensitive dental necks and laser desensitization / scientific working
- Periodontal surgery in esthetics / soft tissue management: treatment of gingival hyperplasia and gingival recession / interdisciplinary patient treatment considering periodontology, prosthetics and orthodontics
- Pre-prosthetic periodontal surgery and implantology in esthetics / basic surgery techniques and laser supported periodontal surgery / periodontal regenerative and resective surgery / guided bone regeneration and augmentation / socket preservation / wound healing / scientific working
- Implantology and implant prosthetics in esthetics / full mouth restoration / CAD/CAM technology (total digital workflow)
- Interdisciplinary esthetic dentistry / diagnostics of the function and dysfunction of occlusion / craniomandibular dysfunction therapy / splint therapy / update: concept and method for complex patient cases with esthetical and functional problems
- Update: Literature research / case presentations / clinical documentation / Master's Thesis and Final Exam
The missing Modules of the first batch have been set for 2023!
Last update October 2, 2022
|Module 1||Orofacial esthetics and management with composite||24.06. - 30.06.2019|
|Module 2||Esthetic management with ceramics: from inlay, crown, and bridge to veneer||01.07. - 07.07.2019|
|Module 3||Use of laser in esthetic dentistry||28.10. - 03.11.2019|
|Module 5||Periodontal plastic surgery in the aspect of esthetics||17.02. - 23.02.2020|
|Module 4||Various methods of tooth bleaching||17.04. - 23.04.2023|
|Module 6||Preprosthetic periodontal surgery and implantology in esthetic dentistry|| |
24.04. - 30.04.2023
|Module 7||Implantology and implant prosthetics in the aspect of esthetics||04.09. - 10.09.2023|
|Module 8||Interdisciplinary esthetic dentistry||11.09. - 17.09.2023|
Requirements for Graduation
- Case Reports
- Written and Oral Exams
- Master's Thesis: study design, thesis proposal, final defense
Could I submit English certificate other than CEFR such as TOEFL or IELTS and equal band score of them to C1?
We do not need a certain certificate of your English language skills, but you should have a high level in order to follow the lectures as well as to be able to read literature in English.
See also Curriculum §5 c)
Knowledge of English is required (equivalent to Level B2/C1 of GER/CEFR or language examination and decision to be taken by the course director) that will permit the reading of scientific literature and the understanding of subject-specific lectures; also computer knowledge that allows trouble-free use of a teaching and learning platform as well as the use of literature databases;
Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Can I treat patients during the Master Course?
NO. Patient treatment has to be performed in the home country.
See also Curriculum §5 b)
Registration to practice the profession of dentist at the location of patient treatment because the course participants must treat patients outside the University Clinic of Dentistry Vienna in the facilities of their own dental occupation in accordance with the criteria learned in the curriculum in order to be able to handle the patient cases required for successful completion of the university course.
Can I work as a dentist in Austria after the Master Course?
NO. The International Master's Programs in Dentistry are not eligible for a working permit in Austria. For this purpose your dentistry degree has to be recognised by the Medical University of Vienna: www.meduniwien.ac.at/web/en/studies-further-education/nostrification/
Do you offer scholarships or discounts for international students?
NO. The tuition fee for postgraduate education at the Medical University of Vienna is equal to all students (no matter of origin) and is not waived to any student.